Call (888) 214-7525

Dwelling Insurance

Stearns Insurance Dwelling PolicyIf you own a home and rent/lease it out then you need dwelling insurance type DP3.  Dwelling insurance is primarily for property owners who do not reside at that property’s location.  The Dwelling Fire policy covers replacement for the structure of the home only.  It does not have a contents provision to cover the belongings of the person living in the unit.  The dwelling coverage is designed to rebuild the home in the event of an incident for the owner of the property only.  Our professional insurance experts are here to answer your questions, call us at (888) 214-7525 or start the quote process with our online request form.

Stearns Helpful Tip…
Stearns Insurance Services can protect property owners by providing renters insurance for the tenant.  Call our office and talk to an insurance expert to find out how to protect yourself.

Stearns Dwelling InsuranceFor dwelling insurance there are a few key areas that should be considered when purchasing.  Do you have a signed lease?  Are you going to require the tenants to obtain their own renters insurance?  Is the house going to be managed by a real estate management group?  If so, what is the contact information for them?  Having these questions answered ahead of time will make obtaining dwelling insurance easier for you.

Dwelling insurance policies are typically a little riskier in that there may be short periods, 60 days or less when a property is vacant.  If a property is to be vacant for longer or undergoing major renovation, please consider a Dwelling Vacant policy, DP1.  This policy is specifically designed for those vacant properties and protect the owner from damage and specific liabilities on site.  Be sure you are adequately covered for the intended use of your property.  Call our knowledgeable insurance agents today to find out more at (888) 214-7525 or fill out our free no-obligation quote request.